I sold a solo seat from my old bike on Ebay over the weekend, and told the buyer I'd send it out to him today.I remember being at the post office one day last week and the dude behind the counter telling me post offices would be closed Monday.
I forgot, but remembered when I went to one and it was closed.
But, then I thought, "Some of these places have the automatic machines in them." So, I went looking for one.
52 miles later ... found one.
So, someone else besides me might think, "I can't believe this guy rode 52 miles to look for a post office with an automated machine! He must be a toon!"
But ... we must remember -- It's about the RIDE. It's always fun riding ... always. Fifty-two miles is nothing because riding is the whole point. Had I ended up in Georgia, it would have been worth finding an automated postage machine.
I should add I'm not the only one looking for a post office today and finding them closed. There were folks in the lobby pulling on the door with the curtain drawn and a "CLOSED" sign posted.Go figure.
That was my self-righteous justification of myself for today.
I remembered to take the camera along this time. When I got home, I found a couple pics of Leah. I really like this blurry one.

I found part of the reason why this pic is blurry and why the one of the bike at the post office doesn't look very good -- Leah's fingerprints were all over the lens.
I say, "Love your kids, especially when they make mistakes."
My first ride today was actually to Leah's school. I took her to school (back to school) this morning and it was so damned cold inside, so I had to go back home to get her jacket. Of course, I rode the bike when I went back.
Also talked with her teacher a bit, Ms. G (the G is for Garrison), who can be pretty hot when she's not being a teacher. Just caught up with her after Christmas ... told her how Leah was doing and sincerely asked her how she was doing.

No comments:
Post a Comment