Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Gene Simmons on Donald Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice"

I've always been a fan of Donald Trump's show, "The Apprentice."

This season, he has "Celebrity Apprentice."

During Episode Two a few weeks ago, Gene Simmons, of the rock band KISS, was project manager. If you are familiar with the show,then you know Ivanka Trump (Donald's "Right Hand") walks in on each team to see how they are doing. When she walks in on Gene's team, Gene says, "She'll wait." I mean ... he really handed it to her.

When Ivanka is taken aback by what Gene Simmons says, he THEN adds on top of it, "You are just going to go to the women's team and tell them what we're doing," or something to that effect.

Ivanka Trump -- you can see she is just pissed. But this is Gene Simmons: legendary rock star bass guitarist; businessman; actor; and blood-spitting, fire-breathing, tounge-wagging hell-of-a-man. Ivanka doesn't know WHAT to do or say.

So, in the board room at the end of the show, Ivanka brings it up to Gene that she felt insulted. Gene ... removing his sunglasses ... simply says, "You are absolutely right. I sincerely apologize for any shortsightedness I might have had."

Ivanka -- who I swear was looking for a board room confrontation -- has no choice, but to say, "Thanks ... I appreciate that."

What in hell else could she say? That was the end of it. Gene didn't allow it to go on.

So, Gene puts his sunglasses back on, just as cool as he removed them to look Ivanka in the eye. He didn't give a good damn about whether or not he offended Ivanka Trump. "The Donald" just took it all in stride, like it wasn't a big deal.

It was killing me.

Gene Simmons is a tribute to womanizers the world over.

No comments: